Wednesday, June 29, 2011

For The Love Of Curry Leaves!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to share with you, the recipe for the Green Chili Pickle due to 'gotta-keep-some-recipes-secret' reasons but the photographs were so nice that I just had to share them with you...

So the only ingredient that my mother forgot to buy from the store were curry leaves so my mother made me go pluck some from our tree in the back. Judging by our sad little tree, my mom was not very impressed with the leaves I plucked for her. 


Here I am, posing with the stalk of curry leaves from our potted plant. I was so thrilled by the experience of actually using the leaves from a plant grown by my parents. Don't laugh at me! Have you personally plucked leaves from a tree in your backyard and used them for cooking?


Because my mother was not happy with the quality of our curry leaves, she made me climb the hill in our backyard and pluck curry leaves from the tree on the hill. Having never done it herself, she didn't realise how steep the bloody bukit was. She calls it a slope, I call it Everest!



I can't share the recipe with you, but I can surely share the ingredients. All you need to do is figure out when to add what...


I've never tried any pickles with urundu dhall before. Have you?


Oops, I made a mess of the urundu dhall when I tried to put back in the packet.

Here's the final product...Green Chili Pickle!

No comments:

Post a Comment