Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Teaser...

Nothing strengthens a relationship more than a trip together. Not a beach getaway to Port Dickson or a weekend away in Singapore. A real trip that is longer than 3 days. A trip that forces you to get to know the person inside and out, through all the ups and all the downs. I have returned from my trip feeling slightly more broken into my shoes of a "wife". 

I've been cracking my head on how to blog the entire trip and I've decided to compartmentalise my posts based on things that I found interesting and shared a running theme in all the places we visited.

To start the ball rolling I'd like to share some photographs that best describe the cities we visited. I must admit that the trip was tough. Hubby said that he never walked so much in his entire life and I absolutely agree with him. Between the train lines, train stations, bus stops, rues, boulevards etc we must've easily walked 100 kilometres. The only time we took a cab was yesterday morning because it was pouring in Paris and we needed to get to our Metro station to make our long journey to the airport. But we've come back inspired and stronger as a couple.

As I mentioned in the last post, we landed in Paris (Orly) and hopped onto a train to Bordeaux, then to Lourdes, then to Nice, then to Monaco, then to Amsterdam, then back to Paris, then to Versailles, then to Reims (Champagne), and headed back to KL from Orly. Here's a photographic summary of what we were up to...

Croque Madam - Toasted Ham & Cheese with a Fried Egg
Moules Frites - Mussels & Fries
Miroir D'Eau of Bordeaux
Lourdes
Nice
Rabbit Stew
Me eating Rabbit Stew!
Monaco
Princess Grace Kelly's Tomb
Hmm...
Amsterdam
Sacre Coeur of Paris
Gardens of Versailles
Reims, Champagne

3 comments:

  1. Pics looks great and you are absolutely glowing :). Cant wait to read more up ... and you are right. There is nothing like being in close confines to strenghten/break bonds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mirabella. Must've been all the walking and sweating I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your pictures and experiences. Your writing is fun to read! :)

    ReplyDelete