Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Our First Theme Park Experience!

I must admit that I have been to Singapore many, many times and I have never enjoyed it. It's funny how one trip can change my entire perception of the clean city. It could be because I am in an incredible place in my life where things are stable and my feet are planted firmly on the ground. My head is secured tightly on my shoulders and I feel like I am finally growing into the coat that the man upstairs has stitched for me.

I spent most of my time alone in a beautiful hotel room complete with terrace, jacuzzi, breathtaking views and automatic blinds that raise by itself every time you walk into the room. We were of course booked for a standard room but hubby told the hotel staff that he wanted his wife to enjoy the room because he'll be in meetings all day. Sigh...yes, my McDreamy. The accommodating staff granted us this request and started for me one of my most memorable trips.

 
 We enjoyed for the first time a wonderful room-service dinner and basked in each other's company. Time alone has been a rare opportunity since we became husband and wife. His days and nights were taken up by work so I enjoyed time with myself, caught up on my blogging and just relaxed...

For the weekend, I got us tickets to Universal Studios and we had a great time! We only got on the 11.30am shuttle to the theme park and had to meet up with a friend in the evening, which didn't give us much time at all! We contemplated getting the Express Day-Pass, which by-passes lines to all first time rides and shows. Another $48 per person seemed quite painful so we opted for the standard $72 day-pass.

Universal Studios is divided into different worlds: Madagascar, Far Far Away, The Lost World, Ancient Egypt, Sci-Fi City and New York. I enjoyed my day so-so much! The Cylon roller coaster was awesome! I would've gone on another round if it wasn't too late...

Shrek's 4D movie was really cool and the Waterworld show was one of the best shows I've seen in a theme park. Just remember to wear a raincoat, slippers and SIT IN THE SOAK ZONE! Ancient Egypt's indoor roller coaster was thrilling. The only regret I had was that we didn't get the Express Pass because we could have enjoyed more of the outdoors than spend most of our time waiting in lines (even for a taxi back)...

New York


Sci-Fi City
I found defibrillators everywhere!
Madagascar
Remember this tree from Madagascar?
I must confess that halfway through our day, we had to rush from ride to ride and show to show and I forgot to take more pictures...so if you want to see more of Universal Studios grab a free weekend and go visit our neighbours in Singapore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment