Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Affirmations

I had lunch with my soul sister today and we were talking about going for classes where people tell us things that we already know but crack the whip on us so that we start doing it. And she did just that to me today, she said that I should start talking to my babies. As weird as it sounds I haven't really consciously spoken to them. Hubby speaks to them all the time but I guess I have taken it for granted that they're in there so for sure they'll know what I'm thinking about. The first mistake a mother can make is assuming that your child knows what you're thinking about.

So after lunch I started thinking about what to say to these little guys and I think it'll be easier to pen them down and when I forget I'll come back and read it here and if I have more I'll just keep adding on. 
If you're expecting or have a baby please feel free to use these affirmations for your little ones. You have no idea how well your baby understands you...

You are kind, you are smart, you are important. 
(Stolen from The Help but so beautiful no?)

You're fearless and confident!

Always remember to be polite. 

Be compassionate. Respect your elders.

You won't be fussy, you will be funny!

When in doubt smile!

Don't yell, ask nicely.

We're going to have lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment