Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Constant Cravings

Everyone who knows me knows that I really don't like sweets. I remember my sister saying, "What's wrong with you? Who doesn't like ice cream?" I just don't like anything sweet, creamy and cold. I don't eat cold fruits because it hurts my teeth. I normally only drink hot drinks like tea or coffee, always black no sugar or milk.

Now that I'm pregnant the first thing everyone asks me is if I have any cravings. I've always thought that when you get pregnant you start craving for weird things like pickles on ice cream or the smell of petrol, so I keep telling people, "No, not really craving anything."

But the thing is that my taste buds have turned 180 degrees and I now eat things that I never really liked before. I now love chocolate cakes and butter cakes and even ice cream. I only drink ice cold water or Sunkist mango cordial. The more ice the better. I'm really into coconut milk desserts like the Thai Red Ruby or Cendol.

I can't stand food with too much onions or garlic because it leaves a taste in my mouth all day and the taste makes me sick. I'm always carrying a packet of Wild Cherry Hudsons and pop a sweet into my mouth almost every half an hour.

It's really strange. I've never been much of a lady's finger fan but now I love the vegetable with plain white rice. I've always been a huge chicken fan but now I can't eat any chicken, so fish has been my only meat source. I never liked tomatoes but now I always ask for extra tomatoes in my salads.

It's so funny how the body works. I've never had a problem with my appetite before, well, until now. I don't seem to want to eat anything. I find eating such a chore and I really hate getting up everyday and thinking about what to eat because almost everything makes me sick. I was in a huge Japanese food craze at one point but I think I overdid the unagi and cod teriyaki so I am back to square one and have no idea what to try out next.

Oh and I hate my kitchen! I absolutely can't even imagine cooking in it, which is so weird because the kitchen used to be my most favourite place in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment