Tuesday, July 18, 2017

magnificent bhutan

There have been many places that i have visited that i feel deplete my soul. I can't really explain it but it's a feeling i have. An uncomfortable feeling. I feel it in genting, bali, gili and sometimes india. I have only just recently come to terms with bangkok. I'm comfortable there.

The trip to bhutan was indeed challenging but raymond and i silently made a pact to remain as cool and calm as humanely possible with 3 children and i think we were all bloody rockstars.

When the plane landed in between mountain peaks amidst a foggy morning my eyes welled with tears. My eyes could have been dry from the lack of sleep but i did not feel tired. I felt so energised from the moment we touched down. This was a magical place. A place i have visited many lives ago but so grateful to be given the chance to return.

We earned our blessings from the most powerfully charged temples with hour long treks blessed by the rain, which forced us to be careful and kept our minds focused.

We were blessed with people who looked after our children as if they were their very kwn. I felt an incredible spirit of community. As if everyone had each others backs. We made precious memories for grandparents, daughters and cucus.

We learnt lessons in patience and the power of intention. We learnt lessons in love.

Our trip back to bhutan was answering to a call back home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment